Still on a zucchini kick, I wanted to try something a little bit more daring with these sweet green squash. I came across a recipe for coconut zucchini blondies and was sold, no questions asked.
[loosely adapted from A Crafty Lass]
Yield : 15 2″ squares Prep Time : 25 minutes Bake Time : 35 minutes
12 TBSP unsalted butter
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
1 cups pecans, roughly chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut, toasted
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan.
2. Melt butter and add to the bowl of an electric mixer along with the sugar. Mix thoroughly. While the mixer is still running, add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla, beating well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and ginger. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the zucchini, pecans, white chocolate chips and toasted coconut until just combined.
4. Spread the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!
- [recipe] paleo-friendly chocolate-zucchini muffins (sweetbetweens.com)